Infrared Contactless Thermometer range -70 to +380 Degree C Chip Used: MLX90614ESF-BCC
The MLX90614 is an Infra Red thermometer for non contact temperature measurements. Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same TO-39 can. Integrated into the MLX90614 are a low noise amplifier, 17-bit ADC and powerful DSP unit thus achieving high accuracy and resolution of the thermometer.
The thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02°C.
The user can configure the digital output to be PWM. As a standard, the 10-bit PWM is configured to continuously transmit the measured temperature in range of -20 to 120 °C, with an output resolution of 0.14 °C.
- Works from 3.3V to 5V input, Module has power regulator IC built in.
- Standard I2C interface with built 2x pull up resistors
- Operating Voltage: 3V- 5V
- Operating Current: 2mA
- Communication protocol: I2C.
- Sensor working temperature: -40 to +125 Degree C
- Sensing temperature range: -70 to +380 Degree C
- When measuring the tempeature, please maintain a measuring distance of 1 cm
- PCB dimensions 11mm x 17 mm
MLX90614 Features and Benefits
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range: -40 to 125 °C for sensor temperature and -70 to 380 °C for object temperature.
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0..+50 C for both Ta and To)
- Medical accuracy of 0.1°C in a limited temperature range available on request
- Measurement resolution of 0.01°C
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Simple adaptation for 8 to 16V applications
- Power saving mode
- Automotive grade
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile Air Conditioning control system
- Temperature sensing element for residential,commercial and industrial building air conditioning Wind shield defogging
- Automotive blind angle detection
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts
- Temperature control in printers and copiers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Movement detection
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Thermal relay / alert
- Body temperature measurement