Sends an sound echo and outputs a variable pulse width signal depending on distance measured
Ultrasonic Distance Sensor provides range from very short (2 Centimeters) to long-range (5 Meters) for applications in detection and ranging. The sensor provides precise and stable non-contact distance measurements from about 2 cm to 5 meters with very high accuracy.
The ultrasonic sensor can easily be interfaced to microcontrollers where the triggering and measurement can be done using two I/O pin. The sensor transmits an ultrasonic wave and produces an output pulse that corresponds to the time required for the burst echo to return to the sensor. By measuring the echo pulse width, the distance to target can easily be calculated.
This UltraSonic Distance Sensor is perfect for any number of applications that require you to perform measurements between moving or stationary objects.
- Power supply :5V DC
- Quiescent current : <2mA
- Effectual angle: <15°
- Ranging distance : 2cm – 500 cm
- Resolution : 0.3 cm
- Range: 2 cm to 5 m.
- Accurate and Stable range data
- Data loss in Error zone eliminated
- Modulation at 40 KHz
- Triggered externally by supplying a pulse to the TRIG pin
- 5V DC Supply voltage and Current - <20mA
- Can communicate with 5 V TTL or 3.3V CMOS microcontrollers
- Echo pulse: positive TTL pulse, 87 µs minimum to 30 ms maximum (PWM)