The MLX90614 is an Infra Red thermometer for non contact temperature measurements. Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same TO-39 can. Integrated into the MLX90614 are a low noise amplifier, 17-bit ADC and powerful DSP unit thus achieving high accuracy and resolution of the thermometer.
The thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02°C.
The user can configure the digital output to be PWM. As a standard, the 10-bit PWM is configured to continuously transmit the measured temperature in range of -20 to 120 °C, with an output resolution of 0.14 °C.
- Works from 3.3V to 5V input, Module has power regulator IC built in.
- Standard I2C interface with built 2x pull up resistors
- Operating Voltage: 3V- 5V
- Operating Current: 2mA
- Communication protocol: I2C.
- Sensor working temperature: -40 to +125 Degree C
- Sensing temperature range: -70 to +380 Degree C
- When measuring the tempeature, please maintain a measuring distance of 1 cm
- PCB dimensions 11mm x 17 mm
MLX90614 Features and Benefits
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range: -40 to 125 °C for sensor temperature and -70 to 380 °C for object temperature.
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0..+50 C for both Ta and To)
- Medical accuracy of 0.1°C in a limited temperature range available on request
- Measurement resolution of 0.01°C
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Simple adaptation for 8 to 16V applications
- Power saving mode
- Automotive grade
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile Air Conditioning control system
- Temperature sensing element for residential,commercial and industrial building air conditioning Wind shield defogging
- Automotive blind angle detection
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts
- Temperature control in printers and copiers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Movement detection
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Thermal relay / alert
- Body temperature measurement